Benefits of financing Home Energy Improvements through a Green Deal Plan
Every ‘qualifying’ household has the right to access Green Deal funding in England, Wales and Scotland. Oakrun Partners are approved by Green Deal Providers as ‘Appointed Representative – Introducer’ (FCA registration number 779560), to provide a ‘one stop shop’ in guiding home owners through the whole process from start to finish.
Key Points for Homeowners:
- Simple Application process
- Householder will benefit from warmer and more energy efficient home
- Reduced upfront costs
- Repayment plans are hassle free as they are automatically added to your existing electricity bill (even wall insulation and new gas boilers are repaid through your electricity bill).
- The Plan is linked to your property, rather than you, so when you move house the plan remains with the property it is benefitting, (you will need to declare this when you sell the house and it is normally included in the conveyancer’s paperwork).
- Competitive Interest Rates.
- The cost of the loan can either be fully, or in part, pay for the energy savings achieved.
- The Green Deal Code of Practice provides that the total first year repayments for the loan do not exceed the total first years estimated savings – also known as the Golden Rule (this would exclude changes to the bill payers tariff and other factors).
- Certain measures can be repaid over 25 years enabling more affordable monthly payments.
The Green Deal Process from Start to Finish
We will need to collect some initial information about the bill payer and and your home to ensure that it meets certain qualifying criteria prior to arranging a Green Deal Assessment. Included in this is a ‘soft credit check’ http://www.experian.co.uk/blogs/consumer-advice/soft-credit-search-guest-post/ that will be carried out by the chosen licenced Green Deal Provider.
You will then need to arrange a Green Deal assessment to be carried out on your home. Oakrun Partners will organise this for you via their network of independent Green Deal Surveyors. This will comprise of a new EPC and Occupancy Assessment Report (an approximate 2 hour survey on the house including a discussion with the bill payer).
The Green Deal Advice report will recommend energy saving improvements indicating whether they are expected to pay for themselves through reduced energy bills and those that are covered by the Green Deal.
The Green Deal plan will provide a quotation for and set out the measures that you have decided to install, the repayments and the interest rates that will be charged. This would be discussed in detail with the Green Deal Provider to enable you to make an informed decision. The Green Deal provider will then help to complete the credit application for the Green Deal Plan.
Once the credit application has been accepted you will receive a Green Deal Plan Document pack that you will need to review, sign and return to the issuing Green Deal Provider. Oakrun Partners will then organise for an accredited Green Deal Installer to carry out the chosen energy efficient measures.
The repayment will automatically be added to your electricity bill, following completion of the works. Allowing you to relax and enjoy the benefits of your energy efficient improvements.
You will be issued with your peace of mind Insurance Backed Guarantee by GDGC, The Quality Assurance Service Ltd who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
See if you can pre-qualify for a Green Deal survey by completing our online questionnaire. Click here
Oakrun Partners Ltd comply with the Green Deal Code of Practice Version 5 issued by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.